Was browsing Youtube yesterday and came across these which are extremely useful. I learned a lot!
My next post will focus more on E liquid. I discussed E-Cigarettes in my last post. in which I pointed out the pro’s and con’s. E liquid is the primary ingredient to producing the flavour and vapour of the e-cig.
E-Liquid is consumed with flavoured cartridges in a safe manner. The electronic liquid comprises of traditional nicotine. However, nicotine in E-Cigs are safer and healthier. Personally, I consider E Liquid as a substitute, which works against conventional cigarettes. The flavoured cart allows me to vary the amount of nicotine in each vape. As potential smokers, you can change the smoke’s taste; in accordance with your personal needs. Generally, three major composites of E-Liquid would be vapour, nicotine and the flavouring. Being a “self proclaimed” experienced dietician, I can declare the fact that all these components are healthy.
Trying Out E liquid
When you purchase the liquid, don’t get stuck with a big batch; if you are new to the world of E-Cigs. Also, when you buy the E – liquid, your choice can be altered in accordance with the strength of nicotine. Nicotine in the E-Liquid will state is you are a novice or experienced smoker. If you are a novice smoker, try to do sufficient amounts of research, before blowing.
The tough but easy comparison
Always remember that E Juice will not taste very much like traditional cigarettes. This is because there is no combustion. Usually, the fluid depicts a flavour that represents tobacco with tea. The results may or may not please you! This is why you must do a study before paying in. Bear in mind that the kind chosen should devour a pleasant feel. Always opt for smaller quantities before proceeding onto the bigger ones.
The storage method
The E-Liquid has to be stored in a special way. It should be held in cool and dry locations. Generally, the liquid is distributed in coloured bottles. The coloured bottles are designed to reduce the liquid’s exposure to sunlight. Additionally, the product has to be kept away from children and pets.
How does E Liquid it work?
The E-Liquid is stored in a tank which contains the atomiser. Most vaporizers are cartridge free. The vapour is generated by the E-Liquid using a coil and an atomizer. The Coil has to be made wet with the E-Liquid. The atomizer then engages itself with the job of producing a vapour. The recession of the coil in the atomizer will require an extra drop of the E Juice. Thus, when you buy an E Liquid, check if the coil is fully/partially exposed! Exposed coils can be dipped in the Liquid directly. This is equivalent to several puffs of a traditional cigarette. Most people use the Liquid with a cartridge, which comprises of a filler material. The cartridge enacts to be an effective mouth piece.
When does it become void?
E-Liquid is an amazing product that has the ability to replace cigarettes. The net result might not seem equivalent to the traditional one. However, E Liquids will give you a whole new experience. Handling the E-Liquid is easy, but one needs to be aware of its functionality. Experience and Knowledge will help you use the E-Liquid judiciously. Personally, I spent around two weeks mastering the product’s told and untold features.
I have tried various brands, but the one I am currently using is from a company called Ichor Liquid. Their website is here
What are e-cigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes are devices that contain a battery and an atomizer which replicates a cigarette. liquid called (E Juice) is added to the tank which contains the atomizer and combusted via inhaling and pressing the battery button. As with any device though there are pros and cons of e-cigarettes.
Most of them are a look-alike of real cigarettes. The battery heats up the nicotine when you puff in from one end of the cigarette and the vapour that comes out is directly inhaled into the lungs.
So you feel the sensation of smoke in your mouth without actually smoking.
Health experts are of the opinion that the intake of tobacco should be decreased to prevent diseases but they differ whether e cigarettes make the matter better or worse.
Before starting I asked myself, what are the ups and downs to smoking electronic cigarettes. Here is what I cam up with.
Pros and cons of e-cigarettes
What are the upsides
- A study was made with 40 odd smokers of tobacco and was found that when you smoke an e-cigarette, the desire to smoke a real cigarette goes down.
- A different study with smokers who genuinely wanted to quit but not completely, afraid of the withdrawal symptoms, was happy with smoking the Eclipse brand of e-cigarettes. But Eclipse increased the carbon-monoxide in the blood, so even if it’s not the best choice the adverse effects are definitely few.
- Many smokers have confided that a lot of professional quit smoking methods have failed but ever since they have tried e-cigarettes, abstinence from smoking for six months has been possible.
- In an online survey most participants confirmed that e cigarettes do help in controlling cravings, adjusting to withdrawal symptoms and avoiding returning back to smoking.
- Some supporters do believe that like nicotine gum, e-cigarettes could help you to quit smoking gradually.
- But when you are a savvy consumer you will look at the flipside too to scrutinize the other side of the coin. And the e cigarette is no exception.
- The e–cigarettes do not carry the statutory warnings and other regulatory factors, instructions on usage and safety disposal. A study found that leakage of the cartridge caused toxic being exposed to nicotine.
- One study showed that smoking an e cigarette can have pulmonary effects but the clinical effects are still not known.
E-cigarettes also might contain ingredients toxic to human beings and few other unsafe things too. Since its not mandatory for the manufacturers to submit clinical study data to, the general public are unaware of the potentially active chemicals found in them or the percentage of nicotine getting inhaled.
- A genuine concern could be that with the popularity of e-cigarettes, addiction to nicotine might increase and then they might get encouraged to try out real tobacco products, especially youngsters.
Should I Use An Electronic Cigarette?
Smoking is definitely not a good habit and the earlier you quit the better it is for your health. The best method varies across people as per suitability. There are numerous anti-smoking aids, medications like Clonidine and Wellbutrin, support groups and online support materials. One can try e-cigarettes as an alternate, but you should do your homework like consulting the doctor, identifying the pros and cons and the safety issues and then choosing what is best.
Siegel compares exchanging tobacco with e-cigarettes to heroin users with the painkiller methadone. Safer, comparatively, but with it’s own risks.